- O-linked N-acetyl-glucosamine (O-GlcNAc) on the transcription factor NF-κB and the cytokine production in placentas from diabetic rats. In this research project, we will study the relationship between O-GlcNAc and the activation of NF-kB transcription factor in placental tissues from diabetic rats and the expression of pro-inflammatory cytokines, as the relevance of impaired placental function, compared to the high levels of cytokines from this transcription factor. Additionally, we will investigate the expression of O-GlcNAc in different regions of placenta, verifying the influence of a hyperglycemic environment profile in the occurrence of this post-translational modification.
- Role of O-linked N-acetyl-glucosamine (O-GlcNAc) on vascular nitric oxide production and RhoA/Rho kinases activation during hyperglycemic pregnancy. In this research project, we will study the role of O-GlcNAc modification uterine artery and placenta vasculature from hyperglycemic rats, aiming to investigate how this post-trranslational modification interferes with NO-dependent or RhoA/Rho kinase pathways.
Major equipment available
- Isolated vascular system to study small resistance vessels
- Isolated vascular system to study conductance vessels
- Bioplus – biochemical analysis
- Plate reader
- Wester Blot system with capture equipment
- Cell culture room: laminar flux hood, CO2 incubator.
- Plestimography system – indirect blood pressure measurements in small animals.
- Hystology room: microscope with capture system, microtome, incubators, etc.
- Flow Cytometer – next year
- Confocal microscope – next year
- Thermocycler and PCR chamber
- Vascular reactivity experiments in resistance vessels
- Vascular reactivity experiments in conductance vessels
- Indirect blood pressure measurements in cobaias
- Biochemistry analysis
- Western blot
- Immunofluorescence and Immunohistochemistry techniques
- Explant culture
General interest of collaboration
- To start a new research line in preeclampsia, focusing in O-GlcNAc.
- DELA JUSTINA, VANESSA ; GONÇALVES, JÉSSICA S. ; DE FREITAS, RAIANY ALVES ; FONSECA, ADRIANY DIAS ; VOLPATO, GUSTAVO T. ; Tostes, Rita C. ; Carneiro, Fernando S. ; LIMA, Victor Vitorino ; GIACHINI, FERNANDA R. . Increased O-Linked N-Acetylglucosamine Modification of NF- B and Augmented Cytokine Production in the Placentas from Hyperglycemic Rats. Inflammation, v. 0000, p. 0000-0000, 2017.
- NONATO, ARTHUR OLIVEIRA ; OLIVON, VANIA C. ; DELA JUSTINA, VANESSA ; ZANOTTO, CAMILA Z. ; Webb, R. Clinton ; Tostes, Rita C. ; Lima, Victor V. ; GIACHINI, FERNANDA R. . Impaired Ca2+ Homeostasis and Decreased Orai1 Expression Modulates Arterial Hyporeactivity to Vasoconstrictors During Endotoxemia. Inflammation, v. 39, p. 1188-1197, 2016.
- LIMA, Victor Vitorino ; ZEMSE, S.M. ; CHIAO, CHIN-WEI ; BOMFIM, G. F. ; TOSTES, R. C. ; WEBB, RC ; GIACHINI, F. R. . Interleukin-10 limits increased blood pressure and vascular RhoA/rho-kinase signaling in angiotensin II-infused mice. Life Sciences (1973), v. 145, p. 137-143, 2015.
- GIACHINI, F. R.; FILGUEIRA, F. ; DORRANCE, A.M. ; CARVALHO, M. H. C. ; FORTES, Z. B. ; WEBB, RC ; TOSTES, R. C. . STIM1/Orai1 contributes to sex differences in vascular responses to calcium in spontaneously hypertensive rats. Clinical Science (1979), v. 122, p. 215-226, 2012.
- GIACHINI, F. R.; Carriel, V. ; CAPELO, L. P. ; TOSTES, R. C. ; CARVALHO, M. H. C. ; FORTES, Z. B. ; Zorn T. ; San Martin S. . Maternal diabetes affects specific extracellular matrix components during placentation. Journal of Anatomy (Print), v. 212, p. 31-41, 2008.